Our Tokyo office provides U.S. notary services in Japan without the hassle or wasted time of U.S. Embassy security and scheduling.
To streamline your notarization…
Then, carefully read below.
Our U.S. notarization services in Tokyo are available to anyone filing a document in the United States.
NO WALK INS: We take appointments between 9:30 A.M. and 6:30 P.M. Monday – Friday. (Same day, only if you confirm with us AFTER you get our email message)(Otherwise, 50000 JPY emergency fee might be possible).
You (the signing party) must bring:
- A paper version of all documents to be signed (completed but unsigned),
- Your unexpired government-issued photo ID (e.g., non-U.S. passport, U.S. passport, U.S. federal ID, or U.S. state driver’s license),
- Any additional witnesses that are required to sign (We may be able to provide witness signatures if arranged in advance for 5000 JPY per witness signature), and
- 5,000 JPY CASH (or credit) per our signature at the time of notarization. (We also charge a 5,000 JPY first-time customer registration fee, 5,000 JPY for printing document(s) and 20,000 JPY to send documents via courrier to the USA.).
Our Tokyo office services include:
- 35 U.S.C. § 261-compliant certificates of acknowledgement of patent assignment execution
- Expedited travel notary service to anywhere in Japan
- Medallion certifications
- Notarized FBI background check documentation
Unsolicited comments on our notary services:
“Notary services—cheaper, faster, more convenient, and more pleasant than the US embassy (or Japanese notaries, for that matter). Highly recommended.”
“I hope you had a good break for Golden Week. We came to your office a few weeks ago to have documents for our property sale in New Jersey notarized by you. The whole process was very smooth on both ends, both with your office in Tokyo, and then no issues at all with the closing process (I have to admit we were a little bit anxious since the lawyers wanted us to get notarization at the US Embassy). Hence you have some extremely happy customers 🙂 Thank you!”
“There are no words to express how appreciative I am of the Harris Firm’s notary service. To be able to get a notary without the Checkpoint Charlie at the U.S. Embassy is like a dream come true.”