The Harris Firm provides comprehensive and innovative counsel to help clients exploit the full value of their intellectual property rights. The firm has extensive experience and depth in all aspects of obtaining and protecting intellectual property rights with a special emphasis in the areas of patent prosecution and post-grant proceedings, trademark protection and intellectual property licensing. We provide high-quality, responsive service that assists our clients in achieving their business objectives in an environment driven by the fast pace of technological change. Our client-tailored service is provided to entrepreneurs, start-up companies, individual inventors, universities and larger companies, in both cutting edge and more established technologies.
The Harris Firm offers a rare blend of superior legal skills, engineering knowledge and business judgment to assist its clients in maximizing competitive advantages while minimizing risks. Our services include:
- Counseling clients on the acquisition and exploitation of domestic and international intellectual property rights in all technology fields
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications to develop meaningful patent portfolios
- Representing clients in patent appeals proceedings, patent post-grant proceedings, interference proceedings, trademark opposition proceedings, and trademark cancellation proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Providing comprehensive brand management services including registering and enforcing trademarks in the U.S. and abroad
- Developing effective corporate intellectual property protection and licensing strategies
- Negotiating and preparing licensing and technology transfer agreements
- Providing infringement avoidance counseling
- Advising on intellectual property aspects of public securities offerings and capital investments, including due diligence, as well as IP-asset securitization with an eye toward licensing rights under bankruptcy
- Litigating patent, trademark, copyright, unfair competition and related antitrust matters
- Providing alternative dispute resolution including arbitration and mediation.