Sam Pierce concentrates his practice in all aspects of patent law and its implications on global business objectives:
- Prepares international and domestic patent applications;
- Advises clients throughout the process of obtaining patent protection, including responses to office actions;
- Has litigated a variety of matters involving complex choice of law issues;
- Regularly counsels clients in intellectual property portfolio management; patent, trademark, and copyright validity and infringement; and strategic R&D planning, business development, and freedom to operate matters;
- Drafts and negotiates patent and trademark licenses; and settlement, technology development, confidentiality, and purchase and sale agreements;
- Performs intellectual property due diligence investigations with respect to acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Pierce provides daily advice in chemical, pharmaceutical, medical device, software, mechanical, electrical, semiconductor and biochemical technologies.
Prior to starting with the Harris Firm, Mr. Pierce gained extensive in-depth experience in private practice.
University of California at Los Angeles, J.D.
University of Pennsylvania (Wharton), B.S., Finance & Concentration in Chemistry magna cum laude
Achieved passing score on the U.S. patent registration exam
Maine Bar Association
Tokyo IP Inn of Court